Design for future
- Children have the right to life and future, and for a thriving planet for the generations to come. The current climate crisis and environmental crises such as pollution and biodiversity loss, are all child rights crises.
- Children have the right to be informed about the root causes, status, effects and the systemic nature of the climate and environmental crises.
- Consider and measure the climate and environmental impacts of all business operations. Reduce the negative and increase the positive impacts.
- Make sustainable business and design decisions and consider the long-term effects.
- Educate children and adults to understand their part in the world, being aware and caring for this planet together.
This principle links to U.N. Rights of the child:
The Right to Life & The Right to Information
RESOURCES: Design for Safety & Sustainability
Here you can find selected resources to learn more about designing for safety and sustainability.