Do not misuse children’s data
“Respect the data you get, and let me know who will have access.”
(Gerben and Mark, 11 years old, Netherlands)
- Do not collect or store any unnecessary data from children.
- Set a high bar for what data is essential to gather.
- Help children and care givers to keep control over children’s data. Give them choices about what data to share and why, and let them know how their data will be used.
- Do not monetize, share or sell children’s personal data to other parties.
- Demonstrate care for children by respecting their data and right to privacy.
Links to the UN Rights of the Child:
The Right to Privacy
RESOURCES: Safety & Sustainability
Here you can find selected resources to learn more about designing for safety and sustainability.